Friday, December 7, 2007

A winter wonderland waiting to be conquered

Hey kids! Im sorry Ive been out of touch for a week or so, but the fresh powder has been calling my name! Yesterday I went with 'my boys' Andy, Kelly, Shaun, Austin and Ethan to the Oakley Rolling-O Lab at Loveland to ride and check out their touring lab. It was amazing. Like I have said before, I am from Oregon and we dont see powder like this back home! I have always been on some form of race ski, and it was time to shed the old and rock some of the new, so I demo'd a pair of Rossignol Scratch BC's and fell in love with them. I have never owned anything that was wider than maybe 60 underfoot, so riding something that is 90 underfoot was a totally different animal! I think that Santa will be getting a request coming soon. Its always a blast to ski with the guys that I work with. They are such an amazing crew, with a fantastic sense of humor and are willing to go anywhere and try anything. They really take my skiing and my sense of adventure to the next level. I feel so fortunate that I am able to work with such a great group of people. The snow is still coming down, and with each snowflake the possibilities for this town and for a new adventure is endless. At night with the snow falling, everything becomes silent, and you can really think about what you want and where you want to go. Im glad that I am here, and even more happy that I have people out here who love it as much as I do. Until next time, keep your fingers crossed, and if you ever make it out and want to ski with a great group of people, come into The North Face Breckenridge, and hit us up... we are always down to meet new people and to ski like there is no tomorrow.

Katie

No comments: