Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Opening Day!

Hello all!

I figured that it was time for another post... Friday was the opening day for Breckenridge Ski Resort and Kelly, Andy, Tony and I decided to take a fieldtrip and go play in the snow. Andy and Tony met Kelly and I at our housing complex and we decided to use the Summit Shuttle... a great free way to get around town. I come from a place where you drive an hour and a half to get to the ski resort, so the idea of putting my boots and stuff on at home was totally foreign. I managed. We got on the bus, and within 10 minutes we were at the lift. The bus dropped us off right there! The lines weren't long, and they were movin' so we were in our skis (Kelly on his board) and on the lift. Right now, due to the fact that its early in the season, Breckenridge is rockin' the man made snow... it was my first time skiing Breckenridge, and while there was only one run open, I had a blast. Its a great feeling, being relatively new in town and running into a ton of people that you know while skiing. Im feeling more and more that I truly am making a niche for myself here. The boys and I took 5 or 6 runs, and decided to call it a day... (You know, its exhausing having to wait for them at the bottom the whole day). The bus ride back was an adventure as we took the wrong one, and instead of walking the 3 blocks back to my place, we decided to wait 30 minutes for the next bus. Hey, come on. We were tired. I have to say, that my first Breck ski experience was wonderful, and the forcast tonight is for snow... so we will see when I can get up there again, and hopefully rock some natural powder. Until Next time...katie

No comments: