Sunday, November 18, 2007

Skiing! Snow!

A note to all our avid blog readers out there, please consider this an early Monday morning post and not another Sunday evening tribute to the beautiful Bucca dog. She is great, no doubt. Considering it is Monday morning (bear with me), I want to welcome everyone to another spectacular sunny day and very promising week in Breckenridge, Colorado. Before I continue, let me formally introduce myself. My name is Tony. . .. . .and I have been part of The North Face Breckenridge family for about a year now (except for my stint down at the Frisco Bay Marina this summer.) I hail from the great state of Nebraska, whose never-changing scenery and slumping football team leave much to be desired, but is home to many great people like myself. This winter I will not only be returning to the team at The North Face Breckenridge, but I will also be a ski instructor with Breckenridge's excellent Ski and Ride School. And now a shameless plug: I am available for private lessons throughout this entire year, so sign up! You'll love it!

Enough about me, let’s get down to the meat of this post. Skiing! Breckenridge has been open for more than a week already, and although the terrain is limited and snow man-made, the skiing is great! Bonanza just opened yesterday making two trails available for some early season turns on Peak 9. The six-person Quicksilver Lift is slated to open either today (Monday, remember) or Tuesday. And for all you jibbers, there are now two small jib parks awaiting your best rail slides. Believe it or not, I do not venture into the terrain parks much, but our very own Kelly has been having some jib-tastic runs lately. As if all this wasn’t enough to get you excited, SNOW IS COMING!!! Now we don’t want to jinx this, but it is supposed to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday, and I’m hoping it is something big. All of us here at The North Face Breckenridge will be keeping our fingers crossed and doing a little snow dance. Perhaps we can all throw ice cubes out in the yard as an offering to Ullr, the snow god, in hopes for a good year. Get excited, it's ski season!

No comments: