Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Breckenridge Ski Resort Opens Tomorrow!

Breckenridge will be opening tomorrow, November 12th for the 08-09 ski and ride season! Lifts will start turning at 9:00 am and there is sure to be a line starting early with devoted locals and front-rangers all wanting to be on the first chair. Just like last year, Breck is opening Peak 8 first, so park in town and ride the Gondola up to the base.

On a good year you would find me at the lift at 7:00 am, not to ride up, but to skin up to the Vista Hause. A little morning exercise to get the blood flowing and the legs burning. Unfortunately I busted up my knee and I will need to wait a little longer before I hit the slopes this year. Anybody know a good orthopedic?! What I will be doing is taking the five minute walk from my house to the Peak 8 base to enjoy some free pancake breakfast courtesy of The Breckenridge Ski Resort. Pancakes will be served at The Bergenhof deck starting at 8:30.

Breck will open with more skiable terrain than any other Summit County Resort, with 108 acres on 4 runs including Springmeier, Spruce, Trygve’s and lower Crescendo. The tall-t's are sure to be out too, highs in the upper 40's will bring plenty of skiers and boarders to the upper Park Lane triple jump line.

See you there!.........kind of

No comments: