Thursday, July 17, 2008

Locals who ride faster than me.....a lot faster

Last night was my first time racing in the Summit Mountain Challenge, a racing series that caters to locals here in Summit County. Some of the riders are pros, and a handful are guys and gals that are in pretty good shape just looking to have a good time and push themselves mentally and physically. Being of the latter type, I was quite pumped up going into the 17 mile race on a course that I love. I didn't see what a demoralizing experience this would be for me! The guys in my group (Sport men 19-29) are very good riders that somewhat put me to shame last night. I was only about 12 minutes behind most of the riders in my class, but I just wanted to do better. I won't give up though, and plan on doing more races as the summer goes on. Hopefully my times will improve as I become more experienced riding with people who are that much better than myself!

Don't forget to check out all of the Sale Items at BreckGear.com! That's The North Face Breckenridge......Online!

No comments: