Sunday, October 21, 2007

First star on the right, and straight on till morning...

Driving Back from The Basin
From my back porch
View comin' into Breck

Hello friends!

My name is Katie and I am a member of The North Face, Breckenridge family. I moved out to Breckenridge from Oregon about 4 months ago to try my hand at being adventurous. Im not sure if it was me or this town that made my transition so easy. This town is a little place with a huge heart. Everyone here for the most part, is a transplant... we all came from somewhere else. I never had a moment of feeling alone, and now my days are spent hanging out with my roomate (who also works for TNF), skiing with my new friends, or just lounging around town running into people I know. The winter is now upon us, and I couldnt be happier... there is something about the smell of snow in the air that seems to relax me. Took my first day up at A-Basin which will be the first of many to come! With each new snowfall I find myself falling in love with this place all over again. This place is our little peice of Neverland, where we tell our gullible friends back home that we have real jobs, and are lucky to hit the slopes once a week, a place where the snow is terrible, and the weather is stormy with grey skies, not blue. If and when you come to Breckenridge, make sure you take part in everything we have to offer. The great night life, the fabulous scenery, mountains that stretch as far as you can see, and a slice of heaven waiting for another snow fall.

No comments: